If this is your first time staying with us or any independent property, please look over our policies carefully. We are a small, family business and our guidelines and cancellation policies need to be stricter than a larger establishment. Policies subject to change.
- Check-in is at 4 PM and check-out is at 11 AM. Earlier check-ins may be allowed if the room is ready but cannot be guaranteed.
(Set your clock accordingly…Michigan is on Eastern Time!)
- If you expect to arrive after 7 PM, please let us know in advance. Thanks! An innkeeper is on the property most of the time, but we may be at the Innkeeper’s House, running an errand, or in the farm fields. You can contact us by calling the main number, 269-469-9800, which forwards to our cell.
- There is a two-night minimum stay on most weekends (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun).
- No candles allowed.
- No fireworks allowed on the property.
- No firearms allowed in any buildings at any time. Please leave them locked in your vehicle.
- On certain holidays, Goldberry Woods does require a three-night minimum stay. These holidays may include New Year’s Eve, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day. During the summer, we have 3-4 night minimum stays in our houses or Inn rental.
- Smoking is not allowed in any guest rooms. A $400 cleaning fee will be charged if a guest smokes inside one of our accommodations. Smoking is allowed on the outside decks and grounds. Please use the provided receptacles and be mindful of others.
- We reserve the right to hold guests financially accountable for any damage to property caused by persons in their group.
- Should any excessive cleaning or damage due to misuse/negligence result in the loss of subsequent reservations of other guests of the inn or cottage, you will be held responsible for the entirety of the costs of their reservations.
- Children: Goldberry Woods only has three suites available in the inn that accommodate well-behaved children (Cedar Log, Ironwood, and White Birch). Our cottages are another great choice for families who want more privacy.
- Pets are NOT allowed in the inn and only on a case-by-case basis for the cottages. Standard pet fee is $20/pet per day. We require owners to be responsible for and pick up after their pet and be held accountable for any damage. Pets left alone in the cottage should be placed in a cage or crate.
- We do request a 50% deposit at the time reservations are made. A one night’s stay requires full payment. Reservations made/finalized within 7 days of arrival date (15 days for the cottage or 30 days for groups) will be charged in full.
- Payment of the balance of your bill is required at check-in, if applicable. Group rental balances are due prior to stay.
- MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, check, or cash are gladly accepted.
- Please consider trip insurance for your stay–it is very easy and affordable!
- All B&B room cancellations are subject to a $50 cancellation fee per room ($250 per cottage and $500 for rentals of the entire inn).
- Deposits (minus fee) will be returned to guest if cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to arrival for individual rooms in the B&B (60 days for Cottage stays ).
- Group reservations of three or more rooms in the B&B are subject to a 60 day cancellation policy and rentals of the entire inn (or groups with Inn plus cottages/houses) are subject to a 180 day cancellation period.
- Cancellations within 14-30 days of arrival for B&B rooms (30-60 days for cottages or groups in the B&B, or 90-180 days for rentals of the entire inn or inn plus cottages) will not receive a refund on deposit.
- In cases of no-shows, early departures, or cancellations made less than 14 days before arrival for rooms in the B&B (30 days for cottages or groups, or 90 days before planned arrival for rentals of the entire inn or inn plus cottages), the complete stay will be charged in FULL.
- Please, please consider trip insurance for your stay–it is very easy and affordable!
Accessibility for all our guests is particularly important to us at Goldberry Woods. Our Inn features an access ramp to avoid the four steps at the main entrance, the Innkeeper’s House and Barn venue have no steps to access the first floor, and both the River’s Edge House and Creekside Cottage are on one floor but do have 3-4 steps to access. While all our bathrooms and spaces may not be fully ADA compliant, we have taken many steps to improve accessibility, including:
- Grab bars by all tub/showers at Inn.
- Grab bars by all toilets on first floor.
- The 1st floor bathroom in the Inn features a step-in shower with bench and adjustable hand-held.
- Wide halls and 36” doors at the Inn and Innkeeper’s House.
- Barn venue includes ADA-compliant bathroom.
- ADA-compliant website.